Just Waiting for the Turkey



I don't often set the table in just one china pattern, but today I used all Vernon Kilns dishes, called Fruitdale, a pattern that dates from the late 1940's. I think this china is just beautiful. It may be my favorite pattern to look at with no food on it. (It's not so beautiful filled with food.)



Here's my take on the pumpkin turkey. My orange pumpkin was just too bold with these dishes so I had to come up with something more in tune with the table.

I used one of my newly-purchased fake gourds secured (with earthquake putty) to a glass canister turned on it's side with purple daisies and yellow statice as the tail.


So the table is already set for Thanksgiving. .. 5 days early.... but, hey, who's counting? LOL.

I have to do a working woman's holiday... you learn to do these things when you have the the time. My squash is already cooked and in the freezer, too. I bought premade apple dumplings with cinnamon sauce that I just have to put in the oven for one hour, so dessert is all planned. I may sprinkle some of those pumpkin bread crumbs around & atop the apple.

Comments