Fall Tablescape #1

Another piece of fabric inspired a table. Because quilting is my #1 hobby, I have a LOT of fabric. I always buy 3 - 5 yards of fabric when I find it at a highly discounted price.

I was sewing a quilt block with this fabric, when I suddenly thought that it would make an interesting table cloth.

So before I cut any more of it, I took it to the dining room and tossed it across the table.
I thought I had some dinner plates that would work nicely with it. I must confess that I do not remember all the dishes I have. I would venture to guess that I have at least two dozen different patterns of dinner plates. I was thinking of something in the purplish/burgundy color.

I didn't find any dinner plates in that color pallette, but when I came across these Hull dishes, I thought they might work


quite nicely with these caramel marbled chargers. Aren't they lovely? It's a shame that most of the charger gets covered by the dinner plate.


The full place setting turned out to be this:
The napkin was almost a perfect match to this pumpkin-filled floral centerpiece. It has fresh flowers and allium seed heads that I painted black.
I used amber-colored glassware.

I first tried a live zinnia atop the napkin, but it was too small, so I used these faux sunflowers.

It's definately beginning to look like fall in my dining room!

Comments