The Black & Gold Tablescape From the Header

My inspiration for this table was the Wally's World vase I found last week on the clearance table.

My first thought upon seeing the vase,was an animal-print themed table, but I had to work with what I already owned, and there was nothing in a safari theme.

So I begun with the basic gold chargers, black octagon plates and the vase (I opted to not use a tablecloth this time as I thought the wood went well with the vase):


Ho hum, yawn, BLAH.........
Off to hunt for a little spice...


These Tiara dishes that I collect will add a little spice as salad plates.

Now what will I use for glasses?
I pulled out quite an assortment that might work:


I really love the gold ones, but decided that the black stems worked better.
So I set the entire table with them.
(Only to decide later that I did not like them after all -- it was too much black once I added the black napkins). So I ended up using glasses different from any of those above (you will see them later).


I went down to my basement stash of goodies and found my basket of branches (yes, I keep branches around as I use them all the time). I used these same branches on my Christmas tree - they were sticking out around the candy cane topper. Branches are indispensable additions to floral arranging (fresh or fake). They're a "good thing" (as Miss Martha would say).

I know you are saying, "What in the world are those black blobs next to the vase?"

I used to collect a lot of things and one of those things was women's gloves. Don't ask me why - I just liked them.

So while rummaging around for something else, I stumbled upon these long black gloves. I thought they were appropriate since the vase is a woman's handbag.



I entwined the fingers around the little bud vases holding a couple of last week's flowers that still look decent.
The little gem thing on top of the gloves is actually a floating candle which is clear with gold flecks in it. (I just needed a bit of sparkle on the black).

So that is the process I go through to set a table. Basically it's just trial and error. I find it a fun thing to do.

Here is the completed table with larger, heavier gold glasses.

Comments

Terra said…
Absolutely beautiful.
My table settings are very plain, and yours are outstanding.
Diana LaMarre said…
Terra,
You are so kind. Thank you.