Search This Blog

Aqua, Gold and Cobalt Blue Summer Table

I brought out this fabric to test it for a table runner binding. It did not work for the binding. When I went to put it away, I admired the print and wondered if I had any dishes that would work with it.

I threw it on the table and went to my dish storage cupboards.

What a pleasant surprise to quickly find these:

Turquoise, gold and cobalt -- all the colors in the fabric.


The turquoise handled bowls are very old McCoy pottery pieces which I just love. The plates are just Wally World purchases. I always check Wally's markdown aisle and often pick up a new color of plates there. Usually I will just buy the dinner plates or the salad plates and mix and match. I find an eclectic table much more interesting than a matchy matchy table, don't you?


I went out to the deck and clipped a handful of flowers. I love summertime when I have everything I need for a centerpiece right out on the deck. I just needed to find a vase. I didn't have to look far.


I decided to use some capri dot glasses that were right in my cupboard for vases. These glasses are from the 1950's. I love these, too (I guess I just love a lot about this table).

I like floating one pink star dahlia in these short glasses.
I think it turned out very summery looking.

This is a table I did at the end of last Summer.


Here's one I did a week ago. It's just a simple spring unch in my tulip garden.


Please visit all the other inspiring tables.



at Susan's blog Have fun!

12 comments:

Chandy said...

Another pretty table, Zoey!

Last summer's table is so cute! Very summery tables, indeed and those flowers are amazing!

Bertie said...

How festive!! I love your use of color and your garden is lovely.

What a wonderful setting!

Thanks for sharing.

Bertie
Aunt May's Cottage

niartist said...

Oh I simply adore dahlias, and this tablescape is GORGEOUS! Your gardens look lovely! I did a garden tablescape today, too. My garden isn't blooming as nicely as yours though. beautiful pictures, beautiful! I'm hosting Share a Garden Sunday at Color Outside the Lines - I hope you can visit.

Brenda said...

Flirty fun with color in a gorgeous outdoor setting!
Brenda

Dana and Daisy said...

I love it when you find something you love and then find it goes with things you already had!

honeysuckle said...

The colorful fabric certainly made an interesting and eye-catching base for your tablescape. It is a happy one!

Mary said...

SUCH pretty colors! LOVE it! :)

Kathleen said...

Both tables are so colorful and lively!
Love your flowers!

Kammy said...

Great table....I am really drooling over that landscape - so pretty !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Your tables are so cheerful! Love your yard setting too -- looks like a park!

movingonlady said...

I really like the table cloth and those dishes. The soup bouwl are bowls grandmother had only in the milk white.
I like the pink an yellow outside.
So I see you are a gardener.

Liz (The Wedding Bistro) said...

I love the pretty interplay of colors! The flowers are beautiful :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...