Aqua, Chartreuse & Purple Tablescape

I did an impromptu table Sunday morning inspired by a grilled meal of BBQ chicken and this aqua watering can. As the table was progressing, I decided I needed a third color and thought purple would be a good accent.



At last summer's closeout sales, I picked up this M. Stewart watering can and a box of assorted colors of candles in tin holders. What a surprise to find candles that matched perfectly--not only the aqua, but the chartreuse too!

I knew my aqua-rimmed Pyrex plates would be a match. I had forgotten about the green striped plates--another great match.


I was thrilled to have aqua watering can napkin rings, too!
I had painted these a few weeks ago when I was painting junque for my garden. You can read all about it here.


I went out to my garden and cut down some hosta leaves and a few flowers for the watering can:



And the table was finished.

Pretty quick and easy. We nibbled on the carrots/celery and grapes while the chicken cooked.

I forgot to get a picture of the BBQ chicken. Trust me, it was delish! As was this strawberry topped pound cake.

Comments