Search This Blog

Ants are Welcome at this Table

I did not think I was going to get the heavy metal ants I ordered last month. Two weeks ago I got an email that said they were out of stock for the season. Then last week I got an email that said they had shipped!

We are grilling steak tonight. I thought I'd set a quick picnic-type table. I went out to my gardens and picked some flowers


and put them inside a picnic basket. Then scattered the ants around.





Dessert was homemade chocolate chip cookies--it looks like the ants like them, too.




Here is the complete table setting for just the two of us.


I can't wait to use these ants for a summer dinner party. I think they will be quite the conversation starters!


8 comments:

Its All About Creating said...

What a fun tablescape! Your centerpiece (including the ants) is so perfectly coordinated with the place setting and tablecloth. And I really appreciate your crisp, clear photos, varied angles and distance shots. Made me smile this morning.....thanks, Marlene

Dani said...

So adorable! It's been forever, sorry I've been gone- but I love your tables!

Zoey said...

Hi Marlene & Dani,
Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting.

Deb said...

Zoey that is just too cute...what a fun summer table...

Sarah said...

Your metal ants are so cute. I saw these in a local store. At $5 a piece I didn't let any crawl into my shopping bag. Do you mind telling me where you found yours?

Suzy said...

I saw these on line somewhere...they they sold as tablecloth weights!

Online RSA said...

I want your garden :) those flowers are great!

Liz (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza) said...

Those ants are table cloth weights? How clever and cute! And definite conservation starters, as you said.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...