Search This Blog


Fall/Halloween Tablescape 2012

I will show it in black and white first, so those of you with sensitive eyes can get your sunglasses.  It looks pretty tame here. :)

Got those sunglasses on?  OK, here is the same picture in color....
Orange, chartreuse, black, purple & yellow are the main colors. The drinking glasses are actually purple, but it is difficult to tell that in these pictures.

  I went out on the deck and cut the foliage for the centerpiece.  I used a similar foliage bouquet a few years ago and really liked it. 

  Coleus does not like cold temps, so it probably would not have lasted through the week outside.  I bet it's quite happy that I brought it inside where it is considerably warmer!  That chartreuse variety is a good match to the chair backs, don't you think?

I also think the Vaseline candlesticks that my mom gave me years ago are a nice match

I made the quilted table runner  and chair backs a couple of years ago.
I really like this bright runner. The only time I can use it is near Halloween.
Actually I don't think this table is all that Halloweeny...only the skeleton straws and the spider candles suggest Halloween...unless you glance over at the curio cabinet... 
The purple glasses are stored there. Since I put them on the table, I could not leave the cabinet bare, so I  replaced them with orange pumpkins and a silver skeleton head..had I not done that, I think this table could be used for any fall dinner party.

Happy fall 'Yall!


Jann Olson said...

Very festive Zoey. Love the candlesticks and they really do match your chair covers fantastic. I think bright tablesettings are so fun for Halloween.

ReRe said...

Love your fall ides!

Chandy said...

Hi, Zoey! Sorry this reply is so late. But the v-day name tags are done in Publisher and then layered scrapbook style.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...