On the Table Today, Perhaps the Bed Tomorrow

I was rummaging through my fabric stash and came across a bag full that I just purchased last month. This yellow and blue paisley was one of the new fabrics. I immediately thought that it would make a cute yellow and blue table I just tossed it on the table without hemming. The raw edges are taped under the table.


I selected a light yellow dinner plate and a cobalt blue salad plate to layer atop a gold charger. Gold flatware seemed the logical choice. Then I brought out a bunch of blue glasses.

I had more blue glasses than I realized. Of course, one can never have too many glasses. :) I decided on the tallest stemmed glass.

I thought these yellow plaid dishtowels would be perfect for napkins (especially if I choose to serve corn on the cob).


As much as I hate to cut any of my deck flowers, I decided that I could spare just three of the yellow callas for a center piece.

I think it will make a nice casual table for a summer dinner.
The next time you see this fabric, it may be in a quilt.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How pretty! I have lots of cobalt blue, some of my favorite.