Mini Desserts


I am quite enchanted with tiny little desserts.

Recently our Food & Beverage Director started serving mini desserts in the restaurant. They are so darn cute.

While looking for bases for my cupcake cloche, I came across some tiny little liqueur glasses and decided to make something out of a cake I had in the refrigerator.

I cut two little strips of the citrus cake and stuck them in the glass.

I melted a teaspoon of orange marmalade and spooned it over the top.

Since it was Halloween, I had some mini KitKat bars and I split one in half and stuck it in the glass.

YUM!

It is just big enough to satisfy a sweet craving, yet small enough that you aren't wasting a ton of calories. I think it would be a great way to serve dessert at a dinner party. You might even make two or three different minis and serve them all. Your guests would get a small dose of three different desserts. How fun would that be? They would also be great on a Christmas buffet alongside the other regular sized desserts.

If any of you make any, please let me know what you made. I love to get new ideas!

Comments