A Hunk of Squash, Red Pepper and Clove

a pair of scissors, a metal skewer and one toothpick (nearly hidden under the red pepper)

So what do you think I am going to do with this odd assortment of items?

Skewer up the squash and pepper, flavored with the cloves,and grill it for a little snack and then pick my teeth clean with the toothpick?

No, that would be way to predictable.


Got any other ideas?

Give up?

OK, I will show you...............







I bet you never would have guessed this, would you?
LOL.
Isn't he just adorable?
He would be perfect for a Thanksgiving table if you had planned to serve that squash. If not it would be a waste to buy so many squash just for the turkey heads.

I saw this idea someplace a while ago. I can't remember where, but I kept it tucked away in my brain. Yesterday at work the cook was cutting up squash & red pepper and I asked her if I could have these little pieces.

I disclosed my little baggie of company property to The Boss before I left, who raised an eyebrow in question.

"Times are tough at Zoey's house," I said. "You know what you pay me. This is all we can afford for dinner."

He just gives an incredulous shake of his head and walks back into his office. LOL. I love to work in such a fun place.

(I have not yet done a Thanksgiving table, so this is repost from my main blog from
'06).

Comments