Search This Blog

So Simple Even a Caveman Could do It

I needed a very different table for some very special guests.


Inspiration fabric

While looking for candles that might go with this fabric, I came across some little stubs that must be over ten years old. Normally I would throw these away.
Lucky for me, they managed to find their way to the bottom of a candle box because they are the only colors I had that would work. In fact they worked rather nicely as you will see. There is just no limit to what I will spend to set a unique table. This Hull drip glazed dinner plate is reminiscent of caveman days, don't you think? The dark table needed to be lightened a bit, so I used the glass butterscotch chargers. My original thought was a dark metal charger, but the look was too dark and heavy.

I always like to mix in a little something with sparkle. These amber Tiara dishes worked nicely for the bit of bling I needed. A real orange in each sherbet dish completed the setting. My dinner guests are really in to natural foods.





I also thought my guests would appreciate the natural aspect of the two large pottery vases full of twigs and cattails that I chose for the centerpiece. I surrounded the vases with the little candle stubs in chunky dull-finished brass candlesticks.


The different sizes of the stub candles worked beautifully with the two taller black candles I used.




I used two different stemmed glasses--one light amber and one dark amber/orange.




I think my dinner guests enjoyed themselves.


12 comments:

Lorrie said...

I LOVE Your site. I am totally into tablescaping and YOU outdo me! Keep up the great work. I'll take a picture of my tablescape from my art show tomorrow. Thanks Lorrie

Tammy518 said...

Ack! What a surprise to see the Geico cavemen! Cute tablescape!

ReRe said...

Love your site! Keep it coming!

Dani and Jimmy said...

You're awesome! I love this idea! And just so you know, I admire that you love this hobby enough to just decorate this much to enjoy it for yourself. I am way to focused on doing things like this for hosting other people and we need to slow down and enjoy things for just ourselves once in a while. Thanks!

Corey Frisbee said...

Great guests

Swati said...

The guest picture was a superb twist. Thanks for the laugh!

carolinajewel said...

Your blog is fantastic! Not only full of great ideas, but funny too!!!! What a great tablescape! :D Jewel

Angelica said...

Wooow!
Really inspirering.
Almost makes me want to have dinners every night though I´m not very good att cooking but what the heck Take away isn´t bad either ;).

Maria Brandao with CasaDesign Interiors said...

lovely guests!
for a great table!
congratulations,

Maria

Lizz said...

I had no idea tablescaping could be so much fun! You have wonderful concepts...

osagebluffquilter said...

You had the cutest dinner guest. they cracked me up!
Patti

Carol said...

Love the cavemen, Zoey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...