What Inspires a Tablescape?

Thanks to Susan for hosting the Tablescape Tuesday. This is my first time to participate.

I should really ask what does not inspire a tablescape!

Everything inspires me...

A child's story book


turned into this poultry-lovers table which was used for a fried chicken dinner.
DH brought me a bright bouquet of supermarket flowers after five months of a Michigan winter. When I noticed that they looked great with a piece of fabric I had recently purchased

this colorful Easter table was born.



A piece of wild animal-like fabric Inspired this peach lustre table, which, I must say, is one of my all-time favorites.


Here's an end-of-summer bouquet from my garden and a 1950's tablecloth with some of my veggie salt/pepper shaker collection in the center of each plate.




A cobalt blue bottle of wine on a hot summer day



inspired me to set a little deck table and dine alfresco on a night I was home alone.

Another hunk of fabric and a 1970's amber glass

inspired me to use this huge green duck that usually resides on top of my family room entertainment center. He was a perfect match to the forest green salad plates.





A pink Christmas tree cried out for these pink & green candy-cane napkins.




A quilt with hearts

was perfect when I needed a Valentine's table


My first bouquet of sunflowers from my own garden


A sunflower/scarecrow tree used during a Thanksgiving season


Sometimes I don't even know what inspired a table. I just start grabbing items and eventually I have a unique table setting.
It's really just so much fun to express your creativity through your tabletop!

Comments

great tables! I am new to tablescaping...but am going to try to think outside the box and find something to inspire a setting!
I love how you garner your inspiration from everywhere. Really enjoyed all your tables but I think my faves were your pink Christmas table, the animal print w/ the peach lustre & the Valentine's table. I also love the tablesetting for one!

You should participate in one of Susan's Tablescape Tuesdays. Your tables would be well-received! Here's her blog...http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
Anonymous said…
I think you should do a table scaping book someday! You really are clever with how you make a themed table spread.
I have a round table, so I usually just make sure the centerpiece is pretty and interesting to look at. Sometimes they are too big and I have to take them off the table while we eat. I usually stick with plain color cloths-but they usually have a silky design in them. I have about 6 different plates that I can mix and match, mostly blue and white. I also have gold chargers and gold 'silver'ware.
Dixie said…
thanks for sharing your inspirations! now i'd better get to work and find my own!

love your creative tablescapes!

blissfully, Dixie
So glad to see you decided to come to the party, Zoey! We're all dishaholics so a blog about nothing but beautiful tables is pure eye candy.
Anonymous said…
Great tablescapes.. so many ideas! Thanks for sharing.

xoxoxoxoxoxo
Donna Marie
Anonymous said…
What fun! Love your inspirational pieces and what you did with them. It is true that sometimes one piece creates a table around it :0)
I love your inspirations. You use fabric like I use the china...Love to see tablescape in another way!
Lady Katherine said…
All of your tables are so great! I love the chickens and the pink Christmas!
Anonymous said…
Pretty tablescapes!
Linda Q said…
Very fun post, thanks.
Love the chickens and pink Christmas tables alot.
Such good ideas!
Linda
Wonderful tablescapes, and I loved seeing where you got the inspiration for them. laurie
JudyBug said…
My absolute fav is the little
1950's tablecloth. I just love those and they make such cute tablesettings.
Kathleen Ellis said…
Wow! You are not only "inspired" but you're "inspiring"!
Beautiful tablescapes!
Have a happy week!
So many great ideas;) Thanks for sharing them! French;)
Zoey, Wow, Wow, Wow! So many beautiful tablescapes! Love all of them! I especially love the table set for one on the warm summer evening. The blue and white is sooooo classic and elegant and the setting just perfect! So glad Cami encouraged you to participate! Hope you do again...love your talent! Susan
Wow! All of these are fabulous! ~Rhonda :)
~CC Catherine said…
Zoey, You are a talented lady! Your ideas are inspirational and each table makes me want to join you for dinner! I'll be back to visit soon! ~CC Catherine
Ldy ~~ Dy said…
I totally enjoyed taking this wonderful tablescape tour! All very unique.
Anonymous said…
How delightful to see, Zoey, and I think we can all "sympathize" with your "addiction"~~~ isn't it a GOOOOOD and FUUUUN one, though??? So yummy, and you obviously have a great time with it all ~~~ and THAT'S part of making life interesting n' exciting! Thank you, Linda