Search This Blog

Aqua & Rusty Red Tablescape

With my new nursing, chauffeur, and snow shoveling duties, I did not have time last week to do a table for Tablescape Thursday. Yesterday I had a bit of spare time and decided to do a table.

Aqua and red is such a trendy combo right now. I have seen a number of weddings in that color scheme. I decided to use it for a table.


I used a black napkin. Decorators say that every rooms needs a bit of black. I tend to agree and I also think the same applies to tables (and I was not in the mood to look for a different color).
I put the napkin under the dinner plate.

I have been doing that a lot lately. On my next table I will have to do a special fold.

I used one red taper candle in a small crystal candle holder so as not to obscure the pinwheel.


I was gifted with a bottle of this Triple Shot Expresso vodka. It's a vodka that tastes like strong coffee. I removed the cap and used my Mikasa crystal topper and bottle coaster.


Doesn't that look much prettier? It makes a nice after dinner sipping drink.

I decided that the wooden centerpiece looked too heavy so I swapped it out for the big Margarita glass. I can't tell you how many times that garage sale glass has come in handy for a centerpiece.


All in all I think it turned out to be a cheery table for cold February dinner.

7 comments:

movingonlady said...

I love this table scape. You are very artistic.

Anita said...

I kind of liked it with the wooden center piece. It gave it an artsy look.

dani said...

I can't decide which centerpiece I like better. I guess it depends on the occasion. The Margarita glass is more party/festive and the wooden one seems more elegant/dressy. Lovely table.

tardevil said...

I like it! The vodka looks good too! Love those red glasses.

Swati said...

A very interesting combination. You make it work so well here :)

carolinajewel said...

Another great table Zoey! I love the aqua and red combination and I like both centerpieces. You get a different feel from each. :D Jewel

ShaneHolden said...

Absolutely stunning, as always! Reading about your tablescaping brightens my day, it's always gloriously done and looks almost too good to eat off of.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...