Fruit Among the Stars Tablescape (or Black, Gold & Blue Tablescape)

This is the last of the trio of table-runners I recently made.

This table had a rocky beginning. I started with a blue tablecloth and black dinner plates. I tried these fruit salad plates, which I thought would be great considering the fruit theme.

Nope.

It just doesn't do it for me. I really need sunflower yellow salad plates to coordinate with that vibrant yellow in the runner. But I don't have any.

I tried a couple of other salad plates. I was getting frustrated. Then I remembered that I do have sunflower-yellow dinner plates. I could use black salad plates instead of black dinner plates.
Voila!

Now that's more like my vision for this runner. Now I am not that happy with the blue glasses, which I used to bring in the blueberry color in the runner. I didn't like the previous glasses either. So I study the runner colors to see what I might have that would work better.


Red to the rescue!
These big bulbous beauties work with so many of my tables. I love when I make a purchase that turns out to be incredibly useful. I still needed more blueberry color so I inserted blue napkins.

I added a pear and some gold stars to each plate to bring in more of the fruit among the stars theme.

For the centerpiece I used a bouquet of carnations & baby's breath that DH brought home today. I inserted picks of sugared pears and grapes.

I used blue taper candles (again to bring in the blueberry color) and clustered beaded plums at the base.
Here you can see the fabric I am trying to coordinate with.

Inside the end runner stars I put one gold rose candle.


Amber salt and pepper shakers (to match the flower vase) and black-stemmed water glasses completed this table.

I bet you would never guess what was served on this colorful table.
Well, don't even try to guess. I will just tell you -- Enchilada Chili. Yes, all this for a bowl of chili! Of course, it was served in matching black octagon-shaped bowls and garnished up to make it more special.

"What is Enchilada Chili?" you ask. Well, when you taste the chili and the broth is lacking in flavor (too much water added), you toss in one package of McCormick Enchilada Sauce mix and you have turned your dull boring chli into a very flavorful enchilada chili!


Don't forget to check out all the other creative tabletops


at Susan's blog on Thursday. Have fun!

Comments

Jewel Sauls said…
I love the black plates with the golden pears and stars. Your theme is so creative and that runner is just perfect. :D Jewel
Johnnny said…
I agree with everything carolina jewel said in her statement.
Michelle said…
Love..love...love the red stemware! How super gorgeous is that!
Zoey I want to come plate with your dishes and stemware! How are you doing dear friend? Happy Tablescape Thursday ~ Susan
Dani said…
What fun! I like the insights into your vision. Very interesting and fulfilling work. Fun table for chili!
Chandy said…
You are so creative, Zoey and a talented runner seamstress. ;-)

I'll be joining in about half an hour...
Fifi Flowers said…
Creative ideas! Was that salsa I saw there...yummm!
What a great share! Loved "watching" you develop your look today.
Oh, I love the tablesetting. The colors are just wonderful. I like all the beautiful dishes and the way you put them together. Just lovely. Thanks for the tip about the chili too. Good stuff. Hugs, Marty
Unknown said…
Beautiful tablescape. I love how your quilting is inspiration for your table. Has it ever been the other way around? Have you ever seen some dishes and thought of a quilt runner you could make to go with it? Beautiful.
Mary said…
Loved seeing how you develop a tablescape! Those black dishes are so versatile; love them with the golden pears!
Looks like you hit on just the right combination. Very nice.
Joyce said…
Pretty tablerunner and those beaded pears are super! Godd job and thanks for sharing.
Joyce
Robin said…
Oh my, what a fun tablescape.....I love your runner...and those red goblets are fabulous.

Have a beautiful weekend
How talented you are making your table runner! The gold dishes and black salad plate are very elegant-looking. Great job.
movingonlady said…
I just love what you did. And the table runner works perfect. I like the pointe end on the table it looks like a star. I posted a table scape on my blog. This is my first time. come by for a visit and let me know what you think.
http://createlivelove-movingonlady.blogspot.com
Lady Katherine said…
I love the runner, your dishes, stemware brought it all together beautifully!