Some Tablescapes are Harder to Do than Others

I never go out and buy items just to match whatever table I am doing. It all comes from my bargain-sleuthing stash of items.

My latest table runner is a tough one to match to any dishes I own. I think these items are as close as I am going to get:
Black dinner plate, purple salad bowl, orange appetizer plate, black napkin and purple goblet. I am likely to add another glass to the place setting, but I am still not in the mood, so this is as far as I got last night.


At the moment I have no hint as to a centerpiece. I think I have used this runner once before, but I don't want to look back to see what I did. I like to see if I end up using different items.
For some reason this container I planted at work is beginning to inspire a centerpiece...... Don't you think that dark purple sweet potato vine and those green veined leaves of the canna and the orangish foliage of coleus would go nicely? Hmmmmmmmmmm.....perhaps some after dark snipping is in order..............
Stay tuned.........

Comments

Bill said…
You really have a refreshingly unique sense of style! I've been checking out your recent tablescape posts, and all are fresh, colorful, and exciting.

Looking forward to seeing how your "after dark snipping" centerpiece turns out!!!

Bye for now,
Bill