A Classic Christmas Tablescape



I don't often do red, white and green at Christmas. I have a lot of it, but I have been trying out other color schemes during the past ten years.

Earlier this fall, I made a red, white and green table runner, which was the inspiration for this table. I wanted to use it with a set of four candy-themed dessert plates I bought at the end of last season.

So this morning I went down to the basement and pawed through some old boxes of holiday decor to see what I could find to set a classic Christmas table.

I found these Santa napkin rings that I just loved (and still do).

I had forgotten I owned this cute salt and pepper shaker set.

The stemware - one clear crystal and one green.

The centerpiece is a hurricane filled with green/red/white glass ornaments.

Ah, traditional colors do bring out the Christmas spirit, don't you think?

Comments

Love your tablescape. I love the traditional colors and the santa salt and pepper is toooo cute. The hurricane is beautiful with the ornaments. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those wonderful santa napkin rings. Everything is just gorgeous. Hugs, Marty
Tardevil said…
Love the Santas and the green ^ red plates!
Sarah said…
At first I thought I was seeing double. Then I figured out you have two different blogs. This is a lovely table! ~ Sarah
Dianne said…
Sweet! I love how you found things you loved and added them to your table. I sort of did that with some of my older decorations-the nutcrackers and nativity scene. Everything old is new again!