Olive Green & Cranberry Tablescape with Cardinal Accents

My latest table challenge was this recently completed table runner.


I decided a light blue tablecloth would set it off nicely.

I chose these vintage olive green dinner plates -
Madeira pattern from Canonsburg Pottery Company. I would guess they were made in the mid 1950's. I am a sucker for solid color dinner plates with intricate rims. This ornate basket weave embossed rim fits the bill. They worked nicely atop cranberry chargers.
A cranberry salad plate completes the setting.


I bought these rather drab olive green napkins earlier in the year.

They work perfectly with the Maderia plates. Once again I've used the big cranberry red goblets. They work with so many of my tables.

For a centerpiece I used the money plant (lunaria) and the silver branches I had on the top of my Christmas tree (I love to recycle!). I just went outside and cut a few sprigs of cedar (an advantage of living the country life) and attached some red cardinals--very quick and easy.






This runner makes a nice table for a cold winter day.

Comments

Sarah said…
Your table runner looks beautiful centerstage on this table. I, like you, like solid color plates with decorative rims. No competition for the food. Each of the elements of this table work together to make for gorgeous tablescape.
Just gorgeous. I love the tablerunner and all the mix of beautiful dishes. I hope you and all your family have a very Blessed and Happy New Year and really look forward to more of your blogs in the coming year. Hugs, Marty
Love your table and the runner is really nice! Just found your blog and became a follower! Happy New Year!
Chandy said…
That is one gorgeous tablescape! Zoey, the blue was a genius touch!
Alycia Nichols said…
I am SO in love with those dinner plates!!! I, too, am a collector of tabletop (dishes, flatware, stemware, chargers, etc.), and those are just fabulous!!! Excellent choice!