Parrot Tulip Tablescape

I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to finally have some garden flowers for centerpieces.  I have decided to cut tulips each week and do a quick easy table to match. 

These tables are the 10-minute variety. You won't find me working all week on a table.  As an empty-nester, I only have to set weekday tables for two (sometimes only one).  Even my more elaborate guest tables are less than one hour.  I have too many other things to do and I bet you do, too!

But just because we lead busy lives, does not mean we have to sacrifice a nice dinner table.  I already had this bright parrot tulip centerpiece on the table.
All I had to do to complete the dinner setting was find some matching dishes. Since the flowers were in a cobalt blue vase, it was an easy choice-- cobalt blue dinner plates. The red/white flowered salad plate went with the flower theme.
My favorite red-flowered bowl glasses seemed to work just fine.


I recently made the chalkboard section of this menu pig, so I decided to use him, too. If guests were coming, I would have changed his tie to somthing with red and yellow (tiny details really impress guests).    :)

Quick and simple for a weeknight meal!

There is no need to sacrifice a pretty table when they are this easy to do. Bon Appetite!

Comments

Deb said…
I love your festive tables Zoey....